We aim to create a modern tool that would enable diagnosis and analysis of future career as well as an appropriate education guidance. Our goal is to raise the quality of the process aimed to define capacities, aptitudes and professional interests of secondary/vocational schools students and adults, and conducting career guidance and career planning through creation of a modern (standardised on a representative group) modular system for analysis, diagnosis and education guidance of career that would support the work of career counsellors.
We identified following problems:
- Lack of a complex tool for careers diagnosis. On a current market there is no system that would enable making a complex diagnosis in an easy and quick way without the necessity of using a set of different psychological tests.
- Lack of professional career guidance that would exist in schools. Secondary and vocational schools do not provide sufficient knowledge about characteristics of each of occupation and the need of personal predispositions to perform it for their students.
- Ill-considered career planning by young people. Low quality and efficacy of career guidance causes a low level of interest in choosing a type of schooling by young people. While planning their education, young people take into consideration the information from media, Internet, and their peers. In effect, 20% of students are not satisfied with the chosen secondary school.
… and following needs of the target groups:
- Access to high quality career guidance services
- Ability to find job or choose future education in accordance with possessed potential;
- Being competitive on a labor market, thanks well diagnosed professional potential
Innovativeness of our tool
Our system is dedicated to diagnosis and guidance with the use of distinct, hierarchically interconnected assessment modules.
- Hierarchism – in accordance with Item Response Theory (IRT) – questions are selected, depending on answer given to previous question. This means that not all respondents will “answer” to all questions.
- Tools, that already exists on the market, have only one layer, there are no hierarchic, multi-layer tools on current market. Those existing are hierarchic, but have only 1 layer – tool developed within the project will have 8 layers (modules).
- It contains impulses that have situational character – person watches scenes and react for those impulses (next questions and situations are picked, depending on the reaction for previous impulses).
- The last, 8th module (module of possessed qualifications) will enable to add qualifications and permissions, required in each country, that need to be checked for persons that want to work in this country. Adding, is also connected with the possibility of supplementing above modules, as well as modifying their value that is the base during formulating the report with the counsel, depending on law regulations in each country, describing characteristics of particular professions.
CAT Project scope
Within the project 5 main outputs will be produced by our Team
Output 1 – Model of predispositions and leading competencies for professions
The model will contain the description of knowledge and skills, necessary for realising professional tasks in each profession – around 200 professions.
Output 2 – Modular system for diagnosis, analysis and education guidance of career
Developed system will consist of 8 modules:
- Module of professional interests
- Module of structure and values of aims
- Module of personal capacities,
- Module of temperamental aptitudes,
- Cognitive module,
- Interpersonal module,
- Module of business and enterprise skills,
- Module of possessed qualifications.
Output 3 – Handbook for diagnostic tool
Handbook for the diagnostics tool will contain theoretical basics leading to development of the diagnosis tool, aims and diagnosis beneficiaries, reliability and accuracy of methods, description of the way of running the examination, procedure of calculating results and interpreting those results – description of professional-competences types-with regards to norms). Handbook will be an instruction how to implement/cope with the tool both dedicated to its technical and substantive part.
Output 4 – Personal portfolio for participant career
Personal portfolio will be prepared in both formats – paper and electronic, will be connected with Europass supplement. Its aim is to present the learning outcomes gained during formal, informal, non-formal education.
Output 5 – Methodical guidebook for career counsellor
Methodical guidebook for career counsellor, working using modular system developed within the project. It will contain assumptions and basics of method developed as well as practical guidelines on how to run the counselling process